Sunday, January 22, 2012

Space Oddity

My latest project was finally completed today! :) After about 27hrs work from Friday to Sunday (and more before that), lots of back pain, some tea and a few set backs...it's done.

I had to make and illustrate a book based on one of a list of songs given. Bowie was there. Bowie was chosen. Simple as.

At first I went the obvious route and was going to do a futuristic-space-type-thing before opting for the mad house. Our dear 'Major Tom' thinks he's a starman but he's really just a little bit mad. Fun times ensue. And lots of splishy-splashy ink - I've looked a bit Rorschach the past few days...

These are a just a few of the pages from the finished piece.


cover - I'm going to go back to this and add some white or silver around the letters to make it stand out better



interactive spinny wheel!!! I managed to photograph it mid spin too :D
*click images to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment