Sunday, July 22, 2012

Batgirl

I spent the other day rambling around the national gallery and museums. I honed in on the bats in the Natural History Museum for some reason and took some photos and a few sketches. Then yesterday I found a photo of a woman in this pose and thought I'd give it a bash to see if I could get it. Once I had that done, I remembered the attempt I made a few months ago at a painted/tattooed angel figure that failed. This was attempt two. The bat wings just kind of happened, more based on the stuffed bats from the museum than functional wings. The designs are based on henna tattoos. 

I'm less happy with this the more I look at it, mostly due to the background/sky. I was originally going to use a different medium but changed my mind, so the moon looks a bit...yeah.  I'm still happy with her and the rocks though (after 3hrs of stippling I'd better be!)

I'll stop rambling and post the picture now...









Pigment liner 0.05, polychromo pencils on A4 300gsm card


No comments:

Post a Comment