Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zoetica Ebb and Shakespeare

A few weeks ago, as part of my reward from the Secret Guide to Alternative Beijing Kickstarter, I had a Skype chat with the wonderful Zoetica Ebb about my work. It was incredibly helpful and ended the call with a list of things to try, work on, look up and some really cool artists - like Franz von Bayros.

So, when I started my assignment for the Bologna Book Fair, which probably won't be entered until next year, I kept artists like von Bayros, Beardsley, Clarke and Dame Darcy in mind. Basically, black and white, painful detail and crossed eyes by the end of this. I chose A Midsummer Night's Dream for my story which works perfectly with this style. This will definitely stay in my artist's arsenal.

Demetrius and Helena after Puck has made all right.
Still unfinished. I'm not 100% happy with it but I'll keep it as a back up.

"Ill met by moonlight, proud Titania"



*click photos to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment