Tuesday, June 26, 2012

26 Portraits : Update One

I love drawing portraits. So, when I saw that part of my summer work for college involved drawing portraits I started collecting images to work from. I wanted to draw people I knew rather than celebrities. Sure, I know what celebrities look like, but not as well as people I've met in person or see often even in an online capacity. I asked for people to offer photos or even just volunteer themselves if they particularly wanted to be drawn. Otherwise I'd be left to my own devices of drawing folks at will from Facebook. I've done a mixture of both so far. 
After the first two, I realized I was kind of doing my own version of Molly Crabapple's Sixty-six project by drawing my friends, peers, folks I know and like well enough. I decided to set myself a number, so I went to a random number generating website and set it to pick between 1 and 66. It picked 26. So that's my goal. I'm about 8 in now, but I've taken a short break from this to focus on getting work done for the convention in a few weeks. After the first two, a particular style emerged, so it's a little bit all over the place at the beginning but evens out. I'll add photos of the first few here.

One : Scarlett

Two : Robin

Three : Adam

Four : Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment