Friday, May 11, 2012

Artist: Maly Siri

This is another post about an artist that madly impresses me, Maly Siri. You may have noticed that I have a weakness for pin up art. It's just beautiful and timeless and fun. I discovered Maly's work through one of my teachers, in particular, this piece:


Well, I instantly fell for her work. But it upset me how long it took me to find her name. My teacher didn't remember at the time, and googling her work for Westwood didn't offer the artists name. After a search on tumblr, however, I found it.  And found all of this. 




Her work is classic and stunning. I love how she creates characters and scenes for her lovely ladies. For the most part, I feel inspired and amazed by her work, but also channel some silent but crazed jealousy at  how effortless the pieces look. She was definitely made to do this.
Her website's pretty nifty too, and it's got some awesome music and lots of links. 






I just found these, her drawings of the Three Nymphs. These are gorgeous.



*click images to enlarge*

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very very much for your interest dear Sarah ! I have no words :) If you have any question, don't hesitate and send me a message :) Have a very nice and glamourous day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you liked this post :) Your work is amazing and this message made my morning! Oh, thank you, I just may. Have a wonderful day too, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete