Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What the Water Gave Me

After promising myself I wouldn't go weeks without updating...I did. This morning I submitted my final assignment for the year and although I'm not the most awake right now, I figured I should get a post up here.

This was what has me exhausted. 



Our brief was to create a doll or puppet based on the theme 'Another Side of Me'. It only looks bad that this is what I came up with.... I actually took a lot of my ideas from the Birdeatsbaby song, 'What the Water Gave Me', with some 'The Devil So Charming' thrown in for good measure. There's a backstory to go with her, which I plan to illustrate soon enough. It does involve shady dealing late at night in a forest though.




Some of the notebook pages. The other notebook was filled with work by Menton J. Matthews and Raliel, plus The Crow, Edward Scissorhands, Robert Smith...I'm fond of that notebook. 


Making her body from Fimo. I really hope she doesn't break before she's returned to me... Those arms! (excuse the unprofessionalism of my pjs but Donatello was just really interested).








And finally her with The Crow's crow, modelling the nest. 


I realized that I never named her. Calling her 'creepy tree lady' is probably a bit hurtful. I think I'll go with Frida, after the song's title. 


No comments:

Post a Comment