Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Edward Scissorhands



Prints are just too darn fun to do. They take some time, effort and work to make but once they're done you can reproduce the image over and over again and experiment with colour and design. So, yeah, they've become a bit of an addiction of late. After the Birdeatsbaby ones I did earlier this week, I got some other ideas.

Today I made the blocks for Edward Scissorhands, based on the iconic movie image. I tend to prefer the prints that I do in white, as opposed to the blocks that represent the darker shades. Especially in this one, poor Ed's nose is a bit off in the blue pictures.

This one was a bit more difficult. It was bigger than the BEB portraits but between the hair and the blades, oy! I got there though. And I do really love those envelopes! Prints seem to look good on them.

I explained my process in the last post, so I'll just post the photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment