Monday, May 30, 2011

Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School - May

There's really no end to the splendour of Dr. Sketchy's. I've seen Tank Girl in 3D, learned that Wonder Woman's amazing spinning-into-costume trick is possible, witnessed the embodiments of Lust & Wrath and now watched life-sized toys come to life on the Good Bits stage!

This month's session was extra special for a few reasons; Dr. Sketchy's Dublin was celebrating it's one year birthday! The day before also happened to be my 21st birthday. This fact didn't go unnoticed by the truly wonderful folks at Sketchy's who called me and another birthday girl up to the stage for sparklers, cupcakes, singing and we even got to blow out the candle on the special 1st Birthday cupcake. Well, if that doesn't make your day, I don't know what does. Thank you again to Scarlett Nymph and all of those other awesome people at Sketchy's! :)

What made it even better was the fact that I got in not only on time but early. Yay for getting a lift in by extension of birthday special attention!! So I got my pick of seats and had a great view for the session, which had a Toy Box theme this month. The costumes and make-up were stunning as always, as were the models; the lovely and very colourful S Adistik Sedition, the beautiful & doll-like Lilly DeValle and the aptly named Phil T Gorgeous as Action Man. As usual, there were some great performances; Phil with a fantastic rendition on "Asshole" (which I haven't heard in forever. And also, Denis Leary nom) and Tallula Boom Boom performing - with the help of Winnie the Pooh - to Vamp Transvision's "I Want Your Love" (which I'd never heard before but loved!).


So basically, good day. I'm looking forward to the future of Sketchy's in Dublin and their next birthday! And I can't stress enough how much you should get to a Sketchy's if you can!



**Drawings go from 1, 2, 5, 10 to 20 minutes (in order), click to enlarge**

























No comments:

Post a Comment