Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A-Z Actor Portraits Challenge : A to C


There's a lot of these "30 Day ____" challenges floating about on Facebook and I had started one but the topics were pretty boring; favourite food, favourite animal, favourite place, yadda yadda yadda. I got two days in and lost all will to carry on. That and I kinda forgot, which says a lot for its appeal. So, I started one just for myself and based it solely on portraits since that's one of my favourite things to focus on. Heck, I even did the entire NCAD brief on the face.

This was the initial list I came up with. After some suggestions and rethinking I have rejigged it a bit. I couldn't find an interesting enough image of Brendan Fraser to draw (which saddened me to no end) so I swapped to Bette Davis and decided to tackle those darn eyes. Actually, I've just noticed that the first three people I've drawn have rather big, expressive eyes.

Since the majority ended up being actors, I've decided to make it strictly that and I'll remove Marc Bolan for someone else - Bowie still counts though. I'm thinking of doing an A-Z Musician Portrait Challenge now, and a Character one to capture some interesting emotions and moments. Yes, I do like to bury myself in work the minute I'm free of it. But I really want to make sure I keep up with doing something everyday. This is only one of my plans of art bombardment of my life!

A -- Anna Friel



B -- Bette Davis


C -- Christina Ricci


No comments:

Post a Comment